TD Ameritrade Plugin
TD Ameritrade is a
commision-free brokerage for stocks, ETFs, and options. The TDAmTrade plugin
allows the Zorro trading engine to communicate with TD Ameritrade through the TD
Ameritrade REST API.
The TDAmTrade plugin was developed by Clyde W. Ford and can be downloaded
from the author's GitHub page
https://github.com/cwford/TDAmTrade_Zorro_Plugin, It is free for
non-commercial use. The license conditions and step-by-step installation
instructions can also be found on GitHub.
Zorro login fields
for TD Ameritrade:
- You can trade stocks, ETFs, and options, but no futures, future options,
or currency pairs (Forex). The TD Ameritrade API does not allow trading these
instruments at the present time.
- TD Ameritrade does not have a true Demo mode. The API does not support
"paper trading". In demo mode the plugin will authenticate the user and run
through a number of self-diagnostic tests.
- The plugin uses asset designators as described on the
- The plugin was written in C#. The code base is well-documented and free
for non-commercial use to modify and adapt. The source code can be downloaded from
the Github page.
- This plugin was not developed by oP group and is not subject to Zorro
support. For questions or reporting problems, please contact the author on his GitHub account or on the Zorro user forum.
Supported broker commands
The plugin supports the brokerCommand function with the following commands:
- SHOW_RESOURCE_STRING (Show a globalized resource string
from the plug-in)
- REVIEW_LICENSE (Display the plug-in license and force
- GET_ASSET_LIST (Retrieve a list of subscribed assets)
- GET_TEST_ASSETS (Get the test assets included in the
Settings file. See Setting file for more.)
- SET_VERBOSITY (Set the diagnostic verbosity level. See
Verbosity level for more.)
- SET_TESTMODE (Set whether the plug-in is in testing
- SET_SELL_SHORT (Set what to do if selling more shares
of an asset than owned)
- SET_LANGUAGE (Set the language used by the plug-in. See
the section on globalization for more.)
Links, order, brokers, broker plugin, brokerCommand
► latest version online