IG is a Forex and CFD broker with a Java-based API. The IG plugin was developed by Daniel Lindberg and supports trading on demo and real accounts. However, you need to open a real account even for trading on an IG demo account through their API.
For using the IG plugin you need to install the Java Development Kit:
- Download and install the latest 32-bit Java JDK from Oracle. Make sure it is the 32-bit version (x86 suffix) since the plugin DLL is a 32-bit library,
and that the folder path contains no spaces. In case you already have a recent 32-bit JDK installation you might skip this step.
- Add the \jre\bin and the \jre\bin\client folders to the front of your Path environment variable (here is a howto). Your Path environment variable should now begin like this:
... further paths ...
- You need an API key for using the IG API. Refer to IG Labs Getting Started guide for step by step instructions on how to get the key (you need to have a real account with IG).
Then navigate to the Plugin\ig folder and open application.properties with a text editor. Here you should adapt the plugin.realApiKey and/or plugin.demoApiKey to the keys that you generated in the previous step. You can leave the other entries to their default values.
- Start Zorro. You should now be able to select IG from the [Account] scrollbox.
||IG Account ID
- You need a dedicated asset list for IG, since the asset symbols are very different to the asset names. For instance, the EUR/USD symbol is CS.D.EURUSD.CFD.IP You can find the correct symbol names with the IG API Companion. Log in with you user name, password and api key, then scroll down to Market Search, enter your search String, e.g. DAX. Now look in the response for the "epic" key, e.g. "epic": "IX.D.DAX.IFD.IP",
- The price downloading from IG servers is limited to 30 quotes per minute, and 10 000 quotes per week. If your allowance goes to zero, you won't be able to download more quotes for the lookback period. IG cannot be used as a source for downloading long periods of historic data, and also has problems with portfolio strategies with long lookback periods. You also might have to increase the TickTime for reducing the quote frequency, and use the PRELOAD flag dependent on your strategy.
- The default quotas for IG Streaming API connections is 40 concurrent connections. The plugin currently uses 2 streams per asset, which means so can at a maximum trade 20 assets at the same time.
- The source code of the IG plugin can be downloaded from
- This plugin was not developed by oP group. For support or reporting problems, please contact the author on his GitHub account or on the Zorro user forum.
Supported broker commands
The Plugin supports the brokerCommand function with the following commands:
- brokerCommand(SET_PATCH, patch)
- brokerCommand(SET_ORDERTEXT, text)
Links, order, brokers, broker plugin,
MT4 bridge, IB bridge, FXCM plugin
► latest version online