Zorro - Free Trading Automaton
Welcome to the Zorro project! The idea behind this software is simple: Let some machine redistribute money from the rich to the poor.
Zorro is a software platform that taps into the money flows of the financial markets. It generates income by automated trading with stocks, commodities, or currencies. For finding the right moments to buy or sell, Zorro detects inefficiencies in price curves, such as trends or cycles. It uses this information for short-term price prediction (read here how this works). It is fully autonomous and can operate for years without human interaction.
Zorro is a noncommercial project. It's free because we believe that a huge number of people should extract profits from the financial markets. Here's why:
- Technical progress has enormously boosted productivity worldwide and is still increasing it at a rate of about 2% per year. Theoretically, we needed to work four days less every year for producing the same goods and earning the same income.
- However it does not happen this way. Producers use productivity boosts for reducing costs - mostly wages and salaries. This is supposed to improve their profits, but it also has an adverse affect. Layoffs, unemployment, subsequent demand shortfall and economic crises eat a large part of the benefits from increased productivity.
- The remaining excess profits are invested - however not in production of goods, but in financial assets. Hedge funds, investment banks, and trading firms circulate an immense money volume (up to seven trillion US$ per day) through the financial markets, this way creating a shadow economy that largely surpasses the market of real products and services. It consumes most rewards of technical progress, and gives back occasional market crashes and financial crises.
- But it also offers the opportunity to redistribute some of the excess profit back from the rich to the poor. Providing many people with a small but regular trading income will take liquidity out of the financial markets and inject it back into the production cycle. This will boost demand worldwide and soften the world's economical problems.
Zorro has two built-in automated trade systems - a trend trading and a counter-trend system - that can together generate more than 200% annual return on capital. However, Zorro's main purpose is not spitting out money on button press. Zorro was made to train people from all cultures and backgrounds in understanding and taking advantage of the financial markets. For this it contains an automated trading tutorial and a trade strategy development, optimizing, and backtesting system that is far superior to most tools available to private and commercial traders.
When we provide Zorro for free download, we expect something back from you in return: learn and understand. Do not just run the built-in systems and wait for the money to roll in. Make yourself familiar with financial trading, with programming - it is easier than you think - and with developing your own automated trade strategies. Share them with others, and attack the world financial markets with thousand different methods and ideas.
► Zorro beta 1.10 is now available for beta testing on the user forum. It's a major update with the following new features:
- With the MT4 broker plugin Zorro can now run as a MT4 expert advisor.
- The Spectrum function can be used to find hidden cycles in a price curve.
- A new workshop was added that covers trading with machine learning algorithms.
- AI rules and strategy parameters can now be generated at the same time.
- The new PATTERN analyzer automatically finds profitable candle patterns for price action trading.
► Zorro release 1.06 is now available for download! The following new features have been implemented:
- Curves can now be plotted as an average over all oversampling cycles.
- Laguerre filter function.
- New commands for display text and color signals.
- Command line options for starting Zorro from external programs.
- Seasonal analysis functions.
Under What's New you'll find a more comprehensive list of the features and known issues of the recent version.