Zorro - Free Trading Automaton
Welcome to the Zorro project! The idea behind this software is simple: Let some wily machine redistribute money from the rich to the poor.
Zorro was developed to beat the world financial system with its own weapons. It taps into the money flows of the financial markets and generates income by automated trading with stocks, commodities, and currencies. For finding the right moments to buy or sell, Zorro detects inefficiencies in price curves, such as trends or cycles. It uses this information for short-term price prediction (read here how this works). Once set up, it is fully autonomous and can operate without human interaction.
Zorro is a community project. It's free because we believe that a huge number of people should participate in profits from the financial markets. Here's why:
- Technical progress has enormously boosted productivity worldwide and is still increasing it at a rate of about 2% per year. Theoretically, we needed to work four days less every year for producing the same goods and earning the same income.
- However it does not happen this way. Producers use productivity boosts for reducing costs - mostly wages and salaries. This is supposed to improve their profits, but it also has an adverse affect. Layoffs, unemployment, subsequent demand shortfall and economic crises eat a large part of the benefits from increased productivity.
- The remaining excess profits are invested - however not in production of goods, but in financial assets. Hedge funds, investment banks, and trading firms circulate an immense money volume (up to seven trillion US$ per day) through the financial markets, this way creating a shadow economy that largely surpasses the market of real products and services. It consumes most rewards of technical progress, and gives back occasional market crashes and financial crises.
- But it also offers the opportunity to redistribute some of the excess profit back from the rich to the poor. Providing many people with a small but regular trading income will take liquidity out of the financial markets and inject it back into the production cycle. This will boost demand worldwide and soften the world's economical problems.
Zorro comes with several built-in trade strategies that can generate a regular income. However its main purpose is helping people to understand and exploit the financial markets. For this it contains a trading strategy course and a serious strategy development system, far superior to the tools normally available to private traders (learn more here).
All this is free. But we expect something back in return: do not just run the included strategies and wait for the money to roll in. Go through the course, learn automated trading, and develop your own financial trade systems. Share them with many others, and attack the world financial markets with a thousand different ideas and methods.
Zorro release 1.24 is now available for free download! The new version comes with many new features, for example:
- The AssetFrame variable can be used to skip quoteless bars of particular assets in a portfolio system.
- Virtual Hedging Mode now minimizes the number of open trades by closing trades partially if required.
- exitLong/Short can now close trades partially.
- TrailSpeed raises the stop faster before breakeven, this way preventing that a winning trade turns back into a loser.
- The Hurst exponent can determine trending state of a price curve.
- The predict function can predict crossovers several bars before they happen.
- The saveStatus/loadStatus functions can preserve variables, open trades, and slider positions when the system is stopped or
- While trading, Zorro now displays a detailed lists of open trades and performance statistics in a HTML file that is updated every minute.
Under What's New you'll find the complete feature list of the new Zorro version. A comparison table of Zorro vs. TradeStation™ vs. Metatrader™ can be found on the FAQ page.